TENAFLY, N.J. — A band of teen rockers from Tenafly's School of Rock will be jamming out at the Hudson County Fair on Friday night.
"Lunatic Fringe" will go on at 6:30 p.m., on the stage at James J. Braddock North Hudson Park.
The band includes:
- Vocalist/rhythmic guitarist Mary O'Neill, 14, of River Vale
- Drummer Eitan Ofeck, 16, of Englewood Cliffs
- Guitarist Cooper Boyd, 16, of Carlstadt
- Matt Stone, bassist (new member) of Dumont
- Abby Zachko, guitar (new member) of Tenafly
After performing an Iron Maiden song for School of Rock last year, the quartet formed Lunatic Fringe.
O'Neill books most gigs online, which often leaves venue owners shocked to see how young the band members are.
“They sometimes make us say how old we are into the microphone,” she said.
“They think it’s so funny that I’m this small girl with a big voice screaming curses into the microphone.”
The material includes Black Sabbath, Metallica and other heavy metal and hard rock covers.
“Seeing the crowd’s reaction, the expression on their faces when they see a bunch of young kids playing their favorite heavy metal tunes is a great thing to experience.”