ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. -- There's a new location for the Englewood Cliffs Little League coaches meeting, on Monday, May 9. The meeting is open to to coaches, players and parents, and the presentation topic is injury prevention.
The special guests will be Steve Hayward and Eric D'Agati, from the Baseball Health Network. The Network is headed by Dr. Christopher Ahmad, who is the head team physician for the New York Yankees. Hayward and D'Agati will discuss how to maintain the health of players' arms, while allowing them to perform.
Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
- injury prevention and education
- throwing arm conditioning, rehabilitation and recovery
- youth strength and conditioning
- basic human movement patterns every kid needs to be able to do
- how to train pitchers throughout the season
- how to coach and communicate with players to prevent injuries
- educating coaches -- training them to recognize the warning signs, ask the right questions and keep kids healthy
"If everyone is on the same page and communicating, fewer and fewer kids will be ending up in the doctors office," organizers note.
RSVPs are required, since space is limited. Email Rafi Jafri at email@example.com.
The meeting will be in the Englewood Cliffs Upper School Lower Gym, 143 Charlotte Place. Food will be served at 7:30 p.m., and the presentation will start at 8.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.