TENAFLY, N.J. – No injuries were reported Wednesday after fast-acting Tenafly police officers helped firefighters put down a commercial building blaze.
Responding police officers found smoke “emanating from the eaves and a strong electrical odor” at the Franklin Street building around 10:20 a.m., Police Detective Capt. Michael deMoncada said.
All of the employees had gotten out safely, he said.
“The officers then attempted to extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading by using available fire extinguishers from within the building,” deMoncada said.
Borough firefighters responded moments later and extinguished the fire,” he said.
The blaze “appears to have originated in the electrical panel and does not appear to be suspicious at this time,” the captain said Wednesday afternoon.
The Cresskill Fire Department and Tenafly Volunteer Ambulance Corps also responded. PSE&G disconnected power to the building.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.